[carpe] 2016-08-25 CARPE Conscribillati: intel joule $40 android pc embedded linux newbie teensy arduino clone euclid VR headset alloy docker rpi snappy ubuntu voice-controll speaker

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Thu Aug 25 12:15:22 EDT 2016

Tiny Intel “Joule” IoT module runs Ostro Linux on quad-core Atom
http://hackerboards.com/intel-debuts-joule-iot-platform-with-ostro-linux-support/

Intel Joule IoT module gains a family of DIY companion boards
http://hackerboards.com/intel-joule-iot-module-gains-a-family-of-diy-companion-boards/

Forget desktop Linux, build your own $40 Android PC
http://www.cio.com/article/3108791/android/forget-desktop-linux-build-your-own-40-android-pc.html

What I Wish I’d Known When I Was an Embedded Linux Newbie
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/what-i-wish-i’d-known-when-i-was-embedded-linux-newbie

“Teensy” Arduino clone grows, with more I/O, USB, and faster CPU
http://hackerboards.com/teensy-arduino-clone-grows-with-more-io-usb-and-faster-cpu/

Intel Euclid: a brain, vision, sensor, hotspot module for robots
http://hackerboards.com/intel-euclid-a-brain-vision-sensors-and-hotspot-module-for-robots/

Google's new OS, Intel's open source VR headset, and more news
https://opensource.com/life/16/8/weekly-news-august-20

Intel Unveils Project Alloy
https://newsroom.intel.com/chip-shots/intel-unveils-project-alloy/

Docker 1.12.1 Released; Brings Huge Improvements for Raspberry Pi Installs
http://www.internetnews.com/blog/skerner/docker-1.12.1-released-bring-huge-improvements-for-raspberry-pi-installs.html

Intel's New Joule IoT Development Board Is Powered by Snappy Ubuntu Core
http://news.softpedia.com/news/intel-s-new-joule-iot-development-board-is-powered-by-snappy-ubuntu-core-507511.shtml

Hackable voice-controlled speaker and IoT controller hits KS
http://hackerboards.com/hackable-voice-controlled-speaker-and-iot-controller-hits-ks/