[carpe] soldering bad example: bad solder joints

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Wed Feb 15 11:34:28 EST 2017

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 11:02:50 -0500 (EST), R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:

> https://twitter.com/yeliab/status/831892211985940482
>
> yikes as to the flux residue

Yikes as to cold solder joints for many of the caps.

The original poster complains about stuff not working.
Flux residue is usually rather inert,
causing problems only for sensitive analog electronics.
It is usually OK to leave flux on boards.
I suspect that many of the caps were not soldered correctly.
For examples, in lower left corner,
one can see gaps between leads of CE5 and CE6 and holes.
I suspect bad soldering of caps causing much more grief
than flux residue.

Some twitterista might let the original poster know to
solder/resolder the caps.

By the way, search the web for C8 settlement.
In one article, the parent company would have no more
liability after five years.