[carpe] July Meetup & PARKING!!!!!

Gabriel Sheeley iammcgaber at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 22:09:00 EDT 2018

Greetings fellow people.  Our July meeting is this coming Tuesday, and we hope to see many of you join us at Pillar.  Our presentation this month is going to be by Neil Ludban.
ARM Cortex Bare Metal DIY by Neil Ludban

With hundreds of powerful low cost ARM microprocessor evaluation boards to choose from, and freely available tools like Mbed and FreeRTOS, it's never been easier to get a quick start on that new embedded system project. But as the project grows, eventually something doesn't work and progress comes to a full stop while you dig into the low level details of SDKs, toolchains, vendor drivers, and silicon errata.

This talk will be a sort of roadmap covering the basics from selecting a board and connecting a JTAG debugger, through assembly and C code startup, to writing device driver interrupt handlers and supporting C++. Specific examples will be shown for a work-in-progress project utilizing the FRDM-K64F development board.

There has been a change in the parking situation for Meetups.  Captial Equities, who owns the Smith Brothers building will no longer allow Meetup participants to park int he South Lot, which is probably the one you are used to parking in.  All meetup attendees must park in the North Lot.  Parking in the South lot has been threatened with towing, so do so at your own risk.  But preferably, do not do so.  Park on the NORTH side of the building. N. Fourth St. is a one-way street going only northbound. There is a driveway immediately north of the building for the NORTH parking lot. That is, while going North on N. Fourth St., turn right in the driveway immediately PAST the Smith Brothers Hardware Company Building to get to the NORTH parking lot. Enter at the glass doors on the south side of the building.

Thanks,

Gabriel Sheeley