[carpe] Happy Pi day -- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Mar 14 13:49:06 EDT 2018

great meeting on CAN last night -- I am inspired to go auto
junkyard crawling, to set up a show and tell harness box

and just in time for celebration, the upstream for rasp Pi's
seems to have issued:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-3-model-bplus-sale-now-35/

*       A 1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
*       Dual-band 802.11ac wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2
*       Faster Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0)
*       Power-over-Ethernet support (with separate PoE HAT)
*       Improved PXE network and USB mass-storage booting
*       Improved thermal management

I think as I read the spec sheet that they out the gig eith
port on a 400 m bits / sec channel, however

-- Russ herrold