[colug-432] Uptick in "Foreign Investor" Spam

Joshua Kramer josh at globalherald.net
Tue Dec 22 21:27:42 EST 2009

Howdy Folks,

Has anyone else been seeing an uptick in the amount of Spam that gets past
the greylisting filters?  This spam is of the "foreign investor" variety,
that is, "I am an African Priest who must move 1 500 million dollars to
the U.S. and I need your help".  I used to get about 1 of these a week,
now it's averaging 2-3 per day.  Did someone recently release spamming
software that is fully compliant with SMTP resending protocols?

-JK

--

-----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb01