[colug-432] Custom install DVD

Tom Hanlon tom at functionalmedia.com
Thu Oct 15 17:20:16 EDT 2009

Colug,

I am building a custom install DVD for CentOS.

I ran an install and grabbed my kickstart file.

anaconda.ks.cfg or something like that.

I put that on a DVD along with the isolinux directory and made a
bootable CD first with a remote repository of the install tree.

Something like
install network http://192.168.1.103/redhat

I configured it to autostep through and it worked like a charm.

So I am on the right track.

Next I wanted to move the install tree that I needed to a DVD.

So I create a boot dvd and put the install tree on the DVD in a
directory called /CentOS

THen I run the kickstart and it chokes..

It looks like I need /repodata on the DVD, so I symlink that in and
change permissions and rebuild.

I did note that I was unable to "check the installation media" when I
went to debug and tried a manual install.

Hmnnn.. So I am beginning to wonder what I am missing next.

I think I will need a /.discinfo file on this disk

What is in that file and how can I create it ?

If I just copy the ./discinfo file that looks something like this..

1213888991.267240
Final
i386
1,2,3,4,5,6
CentOS/base
/home/buildcentos/CENTOS/5.2/en/i386/CentOS
CentOS/pixmaps

WIll I have something that works.

What is line 1 ? Is that a checksum ? It does not look like one.
Line 2,3,4 make sense to me.

CentOS/base ?? I dunno

Same goes for the last two lines.

Any advice on creating custom install media ?

--
Tom