[colug-432] Wireless-G USB

William Yang wyang at gcfn.net
Tue Oct 20 21:28:20 EDT 2009

cranston_tom wrote:
> Hi
>
> Anybody know of a Wireless-G USB Dongle that will work w/Debian Lenny?

I haven't tried with Debian, but with Ubuntu out-of-the-box (starting with
7.04) and Gentoo [with a little kernel work], I was able to get a GigaFast
(ZyDas) wf745-cui super cheap USB dongle (something like $5 from Micro
Center) to work.

The serial number on these things tells you what kind of driver they take.
 My recollection is that all of the dongles I bought took the zd1211
driver, but I was also able to get it to work with the Windows driver it
came with, using ndiswrapper.

	-Bill
--
William Yang