[colug-432] GPL Question

Matt Meinwald meinwald.1 at osu.edu
Fri Sep 25 10:27:36 EDT 2009

Sure. If you were given the binary for a GPL program, you have a right
to the source. If they fail to comply with that request, you should
probably talk to the gpl-violations.org people. As it is, if they didn't
include the license text, and neither provided the source code nor have
a written offer stating you may obtain it, then they already did
something wrong.

I am not a lawyer, but that is my understanding.