[colug-432] GPL Question: Begets More Questions, But Not Advice

Steve Lefevre lefevre.10 at osu.edu
Fri Sep 25 15:53:23 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 3:42 PM, jep200404 <jep200404 at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> Bond, Matt Bond wrote:

> IANAL, so I'm full of questions, but not advice.
>
> Who has standing?

Have you looked at the FSF's website? They may have the information
you're looking for. I don't know that they do, but I do know that they
"go to bat" in court against companies that violate the GPL, to use
technical terminology. I believe, and please correct me, that an
author can assign the ownership or whatever of the GPL code to the
FSF.

Steve Lefevre

--
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers"
-- Pablo Picasso