[colug-432] Open Source hosting

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Mon Apr 12 10:14:10 EDT 2010

On Sunday 11 April 2010 09:33:04 pm Judd Montgomery wrote:
> Sourceforge is proprietary, ugly and pretty much the same problems as
> google.

GNU has one that's at least not proprietary, but probably has most of the
other problems you cite.

> I've looked at 30+ other hosting sites and haven't found anything I am
> excited about.  I thought maybe there were some obscure sites I haven't
> heard about that people here would know of.

In the past year or so it seems like almost all the new projects I've heard
about are hosted on either Google Code or Github (and a couple on Sun's hg-
based github-equivalent). But again, not what you're looking for. Though I'd
recommend that you consider git or another DVCS anyway.