[colug-432] Overheard a few days ago in a library dedicated to Frank Lloyd Wright

Joshua Kramer josh at globalherald.net
Sun Dec 12 20:33:49 EST 2010

Keep in mind that it's not only transportation and food that requires
petrol.  Imagine if the plastic required to manufacture one cell phone
went from costing a few pennies to costing $10 or more... and the
chemistry for much of what we have today - including pharma - is dependent
on having easy petroleum.

I think algae is a big key to this; conservative estimates say that if we
could build algae fields covering 1/10 to 1/5 of the mojave desert we
could supply *all* of the diesel fuel used in the U.S.  But that's just
diesel... not gasoline.

But do you realize the panic that would ensue - and the economic collapse
that would probably follow soon after - if the general public suddenly
thought that there was an end to petroleum this soon?  That's what the
higher ups in the various organizations (who know what's *really* going
on) are afraid of.

--

-----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb01