[colug-432] WiFi

Bernie Clear bernie.clear at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 12:51:28 EST 2010

Tom,
      are you connect to a ssid named "Free Public Wifi" is so it is
not a real access point. Rather it is a viral ad-hoc network that uses
a bug in Windows xp that will broadcast an ad-hoc name when not
connect to an access point. This is a pretty prominent issue at work
we had about 12 machine on floor broadcasting this ssid we want as far
as disabling ad-hoc networks in group policy.

http://www.wlanbook.com/free-public-wifi-ssid

I hope this helps

Bernie