[colug-432] Any Kerberos experts out there?

Joshua Kramer josh at globalherald.net
Fri Jun 18 16:45:44 EDT 2010

Hello Colug,

Are there any Kerberos experts out there?

Here at work I have a CentOS box, on which I've set up Kerberos authentication
for an Apache-based website.  The Apache instance authenticates against our
Windows 2008 domain controller.  It works great, except the login name passed
to the website includes the domain:

joshua.kramer at INTERNAL.MYCOMPANY.NET

Is there a way I can get it to drop the domain, as it's passed to the website?
I.E. just 'joshua.kramer'

The relevant sections of krb5.conf are posted below:

[libdefaults]
  default_realm = INTERNAL.MYCOMPANY.NET

[realms]
  INTERNAL.MYCOMPANY.NET = {
  }

[domain_realm]

  .internal.mycompanynet = INTERNAL.MYCOMPANY.NET
  internal.mycompany.net = INTERNAL.MYCOMPANY.NET

Thanks!
-Josh