[colug-432] options for budget linux netbook (or laptop)

R S Prigan lordscotus1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 21:53:12 EST 2010

My daughter is lobbying for a laptop.  (Her main box runs Ubuntu, per
me.)  A netbook may be the ideal solution given what she'd use it for.

Does anyone have suggestions for a budget priced netbook running
linux?  It seems that M$ has bludgeoned most large manufacturers into
using Windows 7 starter and jacking up the price!

I'd hate to pay the Microsoft tax just to turn around and wipe and
install linux -- e.g. Ubuntu netbook edition, but may do that if
necessary.

Of course, there's always possibilities a (perhaps used) laptop ...
with 14" or smaller screen.

Thanks for suggestions.

Scott

www.OSApostle.com