[colug-432] any interest on the list in presenting at an April meeting

Larry Howell lhowell at speakeasy.net
Sun Apr 17 12:06:35 EDT 2011

R P Herrold wrote:

> 1) seeing the 'decommisson' process used at FreeGeek to 'wipe
> and repurpose' old hardware

I could give an overview of the process and demonstrate some of the
tools used.  The actual process uses two PXE servers, two LANs, and
eight dedicated test computers.  Three are used to test and wipe drives,
two clone Ubuntu Linux on tested drives, and the others test RAM.  The
various phases take 3-4 hours to complete, but are scripted so minimal
interaction by volunteers is required.

I'd estimate the overview and demo would take an hour.  April is too
soon, but May or June would be possible.

Larry