[colug-432] ksh (Re: Why Bourne Shell Compatible: Portability)

Jeff Frontz jeff.frontz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 19:05:49 EDT 2011

bash is horrifyingly incompatible with ksh.  It's why I loath bash --
I continually try to use my "muscle memory" ksh-isms without looking
what I'm doing and end up with lots and lots of bash gibberish.  It's
horrifying, horrifying I say!

pdksh is only slightly better; it's only good when you can't run an
actual ksh for some reason-- and there's really not a very good reason
as you can download it (and the source) for free.

Visit http://www.kornshell.com/  for all your Korn shell needs.

Jeff