[colug-432] podcasts script in bash

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Thu Aug 11 11:06:35 EDT 2011

On Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:44:57 AM Vince Herried wrote:
> I listen to a lot of podcasts and it seemms
> google reader is pretty much hit or miss on linux.
> here is my script for downloading the podcasts

I've obviously missed some context, but I'm not clear on how you use it. It
looks overly interactive to me....

I use a customized variant of the ancient get_enclosures.pl script to
automatically grab podcasts every night.
http://www.evilgeniuschronicles.org/wordpress/2004/08/22/get_enclosurespl/
(If there's interest I can post my version somewhere.)
Then on Monday morning I use a more interactive script to put them on a CD for
the car. (Interactive because there may be some from last week I haven't
listened to yet.)