[colug-432] Nice Plain Text Columns and Avoiding NIH: expand: not

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Mon Aug 29 14:56:05 EDT 2011

On Aug 29, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Stephen Potter wrote:

> But, for CLI usage, how often do you really do
> more than two commands?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I do many piped commands very regularly.  But a lot of my work like this is in log processing so it's not uncommon for me to have a single command line that uses cat/zcat, awk, sed, sort, uniq, grep/zgrep, cut, and column in various combinations.

  .Seth

--
Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network