[colug-432] ulimit

Mark Aufdencamp mark at aufdencamp.com
Fri Dec 2 13:50:37 EST 2011

If your 1024 limit is threads, that's the default compiled into the RH
kernel.  You'll need to custom compile the kernel with a higher value to
increase that number.  I've had to do that for some heavy traffic Apache
sites.  If thats truely the area your having problems, you might also
want to investigate the JVM to native thread mapping .  The JVM doesn't
necessarily map one-to-one.  This would especially be true if your using
the IBM JVM rather than Sun's(oops Oracles) JVM.  I remember reading on
this sometime ago, but its been a while.

Hope that helps some.

Mark Aufdencamp