[colug-432] openSUSE 12.1 GRUB Loading Hangs

R S Prigan lordscotus1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 12:01:54 EST 2011

*** Be aware that different kernels will find disks in different
places -- e.g. may list SATA before IDE or SCSI, or vice versa

If your main bootsector is fried, you might need to boot with the
install DVD/CD and fix it  .. may need to use GRUB command line.
find  command might be helpful, as well as setup
..  or grub-install may work

Also  10.3 is ancient and no longer updated  ... 12.1 is supposed to
allow you to install KDE3 if that is your flavor.