[colug-432] are the meetings on google calendar?

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Mon Dec 19 08:24:59 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 6:23 AM, Russ Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:
> that adds ongoing maintenance load -- how is this to be
> automated?

I like the idea.  But I quite agree that slaving one calendar to the
other via automation would be vital.  (Or maybe a two-way sync? Dunno
how the current calendar is maintained, but looks like plain HTML with
a bit o PHP.)

Someone accused me last week of being a Google fan.  I'm a fan of open
protocols, for which in this case Google Calendar talks CalDAV (maybe
others).  Of course, that was Doug's original question (sync to
hand-held implying some level of inter-op).  On the up-side, you get
not only what Doug asked for, but also shared admin in Googoo SSO
space.

Google Calendars can be embedded in other web pages.  The GCal could
replace the current.

But maybe the thing to do is make the current calendar accessible via
CalDAV or iCal.  Thoughts?