[colug-432] calendar server

William Yang wyang at gcfn.net
Mon Feb 7 15:16:26 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 12:02 -0500, Travis Sidelinger wrote:
> Take a look at Zimbra open source edition.
>
> http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/os-downloads.html

I've been using Zarafa on a small scale more than a year, largely to
ensure that I had Microsoft ActiveSync-compatible service so that the
PDAs and phones stay properly sync'd without requiring that all data get
indexed by Google(!).

I have to say it's at times a little flaky, but I've got the same
accounts being accessed with Lightning, Evolution, Outlook, iCal, an
ipod, a Windows phone and an Android phone, and we're pushing the limits
of what the free edition is supposed to do in terms of calendar
sharing...  It probably depends on how much you want to do.

	-Bill
--
William Yang
wyang at gcfn.net