[colug-432] su not working

Vince Herried vince at planetvince.info
Mon Feb 21 17:26:51 EST 2011

The problem was some how the 's' bit in /bin/su
got turned off.

All is right with the world...
On,  I'm getting old.  I should have thought about the number
of characters more before posting it...  My recolection
is that since the /etc/shadow file... the passwords are stored
with a one way hash.  One that I'm familiar with, md5sume creates
32 bit hash, regardless of what u give it.

Vince the happy Linux guy.

ps:now if I can get the media for Second life to work.
I'll have little need to resort to re-booting into windows for anything.
F14 with the propietry nVidia drivers make SL usable
(F10 it was not).

--
Typo in the code