[colug-432] Puppet + Subversion + SELinux

Joshua Kramer josh at globalherald.net
Thu Feb 24 11:59:17 EST 2011

> My questions are:
> * is my policy too permissive?
> * what alternatives might exist to this solution?
> * are there any subtle gotchas that might cause trouble?

It's been a while since I've dabbled in SELinux policy, and I don't know
what Puppet is, but I have a question:  can you install Puppet in a
non-standard place?  So, instead of putting its files in /etc/puppet, you
might put the files in /opt/puppet/etc.

I hesitate to put anything requiring special SELinux permissions in a
standard system location.  Having said that, I haven't spent enough time
researching this, so it might be OK.

--Josh