[colug-432] tunnelled IPv6 -- was: Looking for info on Columbus

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sun Feb 27 11:15:57 EST 2011

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011, Richard Troth wrote:

> I'm on TWC/RR cablemodem now, but have also used AT&T/SWBT
> DSL. Biggest appeal of DSL for me was the option of having a
> static address. ... I would love to get IPv6, but am not
> aware of it in Columbus (other than via tunnel).

Interesting observation.  IPv6 (through a tunnel broker, or
native) pretty well solves the need for statics.  I've
been in discussion with a datacenter I use for a native
ipv6, and we have gotten an allocationin there as a result.
But I don't know of a residential service provider offering
such in Columbus, yet.

What is your problem with a tunnelled ipv6 connection?  They
are pretty trivial to set up, and I've not noticed any
'lagginess' with the ones I've used?

-- Russ herrold