[colug-432] Looking for a Linux-based time-keeping application

Andy Graybeal andy.graybeal at casanueva.com
Mon Feb 28 15:08:08 EST 2011

>> <mailto:fruviad at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I'm working on several projects, and often jerked from one to another.
>>
>> I'd like to start keeping closer tabs on how much time I spend on each
>> project.
>>
>> My workstations are Ubuntu 10.x.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any ideas,
>>

>> -peter

ktimetracker is good; it requires discipline and organization, which
isn't the fault of the app, but the user.

We used time tracking software in my old job at UCSC, I was a
workstation support guy, and I noticed that the programmers used
something else.  It's been years, and we were Windows-centric so I don't
remember the software apps, and they weren't free.

Ktimetracker is the closest thing that I've found to the software that I
use to use.  It works on my desktop and my pda :)

Check it out, let me know what you think.  I've mailed the
support/developers of it also and gotten nice responses.

-Andy