[colug-432] Mounting plaintext FS under encrypted fs

Joshua Kramer josh at globalherald.net
Tue Jan 25 11:15:49 EST 2011

Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible to mount a non-encrypted FS under an
encrypted one?

Suppose /home/josh is on its own encrypted partition.  Can I then mount
another non-encrypted partition under /home/josh/dev?

I just got a new netbook and I'm attempting to find a good balance between
encrypting my home directory and not incurring a CPU hit when I want to
compile code?

Allthough, the thought just occurred to me that maybe I can simply have a
"development user" that I use to compile code... and dump all the large
and high-bandwidth items under a /home/shared directory.  I think 2G of
ram should be enough to have both users logged in at once.

Thanks,
-Josh