[colug-432] Encrypted thumb drive ?

Richard Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 03:30:18 EST 2011

On Jan 29, 2011, at 01:13 , Tom Hanlon wrote:

> Colug,
>
> What tools do you all use to keep a collection of passwords and other sensitive info ?

1Password (http://agilewebsolutions.com/products/1Password) for OSX and my iPhone but no Linux version :/

Does a couple of things: integrates with Safari and Firefox, stores passwords in an encrypted file, allows me to request it to generate a random password (so each login can have a unique password), and helps avoid phishing scams by when I ask it to fill in the password only showing me sites matching the associated domain (ie www.0bank.com != www.obank.com).  It also has a "wallet" feature - I assume for storing payment info for quick retrieval, and has an area set up to store product keys.

Again, tho, not a Linux solution.  Looks like there are Windows, OSX, iOS, and Android versions -- so maybe a Linux version would be in the future?

-rj