[colug-432] Contined pam_mount follies

Joshua Kramer josh at globalherald.net
Sat Jan 29 17:30:46 EST 2011

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have experience with pam_mount on FC14?  Specifically, I'm
wondering why the enable_pam_password option is not working.  In my
/etc/pam.d/system-auth file I have the following:

auth        optional      pam_mount.so enable_pam_password
session     optional      pam_mount.so enable_pam_password

However, when I start a login session, pam_mount is still prompting for a
password:

[jdev at localhost ~]$ su josh
Password:
pam_mount(pam_mount.c:553): pam_mount 2.5: entering session stage
reenter password for pam_mount:

Does anyone know what I need to do, to get pam_mount to take the original
login password?  This is almost working via local logins - if I do enter
the password, the encrypted volume is mounted.  But if I try to login via
ssh or gdm, no dice.

-JK