[colug-432] dropbox clone

Steven Lefevre lefevre.10 at osu.edu
Thu Jul 28 09:30:47 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Scott Merrill <skippy at skippy.net> wrote:

> If you don't want to manage the server end, Dropbox remains a very
> good product. If your data is sensitive, you should encrypt it
> yourself before uploading it to Dropbox. TrueCrypt and GPG are good
> solutions for this.

I assume these services do incremental backups for the most part.

If you have an encrypted volume, and you change its contents, can you
do an differential backup, or does that file change so much

In other word, suppose I have a 1 GB encrypted file that I back up on
an online service. I open the volume with truecrypt, and change a few
lines in a plain text file. How different is the encrypted file? Can
it be backed up against the existing backup file incrementally?

Steve Lefevre