[colug-432] Emacs in (K)ubuntu 11.04

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Tue Jun 14 17:53:34 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 02:41:38 PM Rob Funk wrote:
> Anyone here using Emacs in Ubuntu Natty Narwhal (11.04)?
>
> Ever since I upgraded Kubuntu, I get occasional emacs lockups while
> editing, with emacs spinning hard on one of my CPU cores.
>
> Of course, it's probably one of the packages I'm using in emacs, but (due
> to dependencies) determining which one could be rather challenging.

Temporary solution: emacs-snapshot, which on my machine is still stuck at
emacs 23.1 (while emacs23 is 23.2).

Hopefully permanent solution:
 sudo aptitude remove semantic cedet-contrib cedet-common
 (takes a bunch of other stuff with them)
http://superuser.com/questions/226797/semantic-is-consuming-all-cpu-causing-
emacs-to-hang

We'll see.....