[colug-432] Malware

Brian Jackson mookiemcdermot at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 07:24:10 EDT 2011

Malwarebytes is one that is commonly blocked along with the task manager. I
often use SuperAntiSpyware to scan along with sysinternals process explorer
to temporarily kill the malevolent processes. Combofix is good if needed
after your SuperAntiSpyware scan. We've been seeing variants in our office
that set all program files and everything in the user profile to hidden
which is extra irritating as it hides eveything in their network profile as
well as on their local machine.

Reformatting is always the safest option and if the three items above don't
clean it I don't waste any additional effort.