[colug-432] Malware

Ed Liddle ed at someplaceinohio.net
Fri Jun 24 07:55:21 EDT 2011

You could try to hook the drive up to your linux computer and scan it with
Clam AV. That might clean some of it off.  Another option would be to use a
linux live cd to pull off files to a different storage device. Then you
could install linux on it or reinstall microsoft's windows operating system.
After that move the files back on it. I am not sure if any of the
antimalware windows apps listed will run in wine. I have not tried to run
them in wine.
Malware bytes is also another one that may work. Ccleaner is usefule for
cleaning up temp files on a windows machine. Another tool is highjack this.
Hope this helps!
-Ed