[colug-432] Figuring out one's IP address as seen from the Internet

Richard Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:17:03 EST 2011

Forgive my ignorance of SNMP, but is there a simple way to ask the "router" (really a misnomer), say a linksys device, what the IP is of the WAN interface?  Mostly curious if there is a way to find out w/o having to rely on external third party.

Yes, I could curl & grep the router web UI - curious if there is a more elegant solution.

Sent from my iPhone