[colug-432] SSH

Steve VanSlyck s.vanslyck at spamcop.net
Thu Mar 10 13:01:27 EST 2011

Update: It must have been a RoadRunner issue. I went home for lunch,
changed the port to 22, came back to the office, and I can connect. The
next thing is to try Hal's suggesion for port redirection, though I'm
sure that would address the problem if RR is blocking the port on the
cable modem.

The port does not seem to have a common use per the listing at
http://isc.sans.edu/services.html . Maybe I need to sheck with Wile E.
Coyote, because if I t ype my IP address into a browser I still get a
connection reset message, which I take to mean that RR doesn't want my
home computer serving up a webpage, at least not on port 80:

http://24.210.58.99/
The connection was reset.
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
    *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in
a few
          moments.
    *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.
    *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.