[colug-432] Packet Loss #2

William Yang wyang at gcfn.net
Tue Oct 11 06:02:46 EDT 2011

On 10/10/2011 07:41 PM, Thomas W. cranston wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just connected to a different wireless router while at my neighbors
> house. No Packet loss.

> Looks like my wireless router is at fault. What to do?

Do you own any other wireless devices in your home?  Is it possible you've
added some kind of interference to your home?

Do you have other uses of the 2.4 GHz spectrum in or around your home?
Cordless phones come to mind as the most likely, but I've seen radio
controlled toys that run in that space, as well as a variety of other
system devices that use wireless services -- including some cordless
keyboards and mice.

Not to point to an elephant in a room or anything, but also it's quite
possible the Linksys device is failing and needs to be replaced.

	-Bill
--
William Yang
wyang at gcfn.net