[colug-432] Mission: Smart Cards

josh at globalherald.net josh at globalherald.net
Sat Sep 3 18:29:09 EDT 2011

Ok, now I'm on a mission.

I've spent far too many hours today trying to track down hardware.  Smart Card
readers are a dime-a-dozen.  However, cards themselves that are available at a
reasonable price (around $12 per card), available in the United States, and
that have the firmware to support OpenSC, GPG, and Mozilla (and therefore
LibreOffice) as of now are unobtanium.

The SmartCard 330 from SafeNet looks like it might fit the bill, but I have no
idea where I'd get those in low quantities.