[colug-432] PAM and LDAP

William Yang wyang at gcfn.net
Mon Sep 5 18:04:13 EDT 2011

I just did a Google of 'ubuntu ldap howto' and found a dozen how to's;
first page includes specific howto's on ldap server setup and ldap client
setup.  I did this a while back at home using a vm ldap server, to get
integrated user spaces for windows, linux, and Mac clients.  Worked out
okay; not much magic to it.  The only hard part was making sure the
password files were in sync, first, because low gid/uid entries were
mismatched across multiple system types.

	-Bill