[colug-432] Bar Codes

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 14:51:44 EDT 2011

The barcode readers we bought and used several years back didn't care about the OS.  You programmed the behavior using barcodes in the manual, plugged into the keyboard port and simply emulated keystrokes.  Surprisingly simple.  Would guess that modern models would do the same, just emulate a USB keyboard.

I believe the brand we used was WASP. And, we used them against a webapp by programming the reader to terminate the read and send the enter key - effectively submitting the form we built.

Sent from my iPhone