[colug-432] Fine Barcode

Thomas W. cranston cranston.thomas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:39:02 EDT 2011

Thanks for all the input. Now let me put the discussion to sleep. Some
comments:

Q Why not just call Home Depot and ask them?
A Yeah right! Been there done that. They want to keep that info to their
selves.

Q Isn't the easiest barcode scanner your smart phone?
A You're assuming I have a smart phone.

Q The first 3 sites in a Google search for "UPC lookup" don't recognize
that number. Are you sure it is typed correctly?
A I am sure. Thanks for looking. I finally found a lookup that worked.

Q Have you asked Home Despot who/where their supplier is? Maybe they can
do a special order for you.
A Yes I did ask. They feign ignorance.
A They can special order, but I can not return special order. Actually,
I shop Home Depot and Lowes for small amounts of lumber. Their stuff is
usually better looking than what I can find in a lumber yard. Also, I
can pick and choose what I want, and return what I do not need. Can't
return special order lumber or millwork.

Tom