[colug-432] Larger HDD

FiL Farris philipfarris at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 14:03:18 EST 2012

Make sure to look at the height of the drive as well.

When 1TB  (and larger)drives were first coming out in 2.5 varieties some
were taller (thicker?) Then the standard 9.5.  I remember trying to put one
in a laptop and the door/cover not wanting to close correctly.  This of
course will lead to heat issues.  That drive in particular was 12.5 if
memory serves.

Now that I've seen  the benefits (power saving & speed) of SSD'S compared
to most 2.5 drives I use nothing but and external storage for things not
accessed as much.