[colug-432] I/O Error?

Bill Baker bill_chris at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 6 18:48:20 EST 2012

Just to add my two cents and plug a piece of software, I once had a hard
drive that was completely dead.  Couldn't boot up or even read it as a
secondary drive.  All the data on it would have been gone if I hadn't
tried SpinRite.  After running it on the drive, I was able to recover
all of the data from it and even boot the drive again.  It's really an
amazing piece of software and it weighs in at only 170K, which includes
FreeDOS so that it can boot from a floppy, CD or thumb drive.  It can be
purchased here:

http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm