[colug-432] What causes electronics to expire?

Thomas Cranston thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:54:46 EST 2012

Bad Capacitors?

I have had the same experience with optical drives going south. I don't use
them much, so don't understand why they go bad. Somebody told me that their
lazer light is on all the time the computer is on whether they are being
used or not, and that much on time burns them out. I now have an external
DVD drive that I only plug into the power and the computer if I am using it.