[colug-432] talking to your ISP

davelist at mac.com davelist at mac.com
Fri Dec 28 13:05:12 EST 2012

I have an ancient (probably had it for 10 years) Surfboard SB4100. When I called TW to complain about being charged $3.95 a month for a modem I'd had for 10 years they offered to exchange it for a newer one. I figured if it's working why switch it out. Although I'm considering buying my own since I suspect they're less than $100 so it would pay for itself in less than 2 years. Yes, it wouldn't surprise me if the IP varies by model.

Has anyone else purchased their own and have recommendations for a specific model and place to buy it?

Dave