[colug-432] TWC-approved modems Re: talking to your ISP

Jeff Frontz jeff.frontz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 21:53:43 EST 2012

I've heard that they get really picky and insist that you buy something
from this list:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/approvedmodems  (make sure the page has been
"localized" for your area -- check the info at the top where it says your
city/state).

I'm currently leasing an SB6141.  I've read that the prices on these are
likely to drop in the new year (as the big box stores start flexing their
buying power in response to consumer demand -- the latter driven by
attempts to avoid TWC's latest money grab).  I'm waiting for a
recommendation from a friend (Franco, for those who know him) before I buy
one-- I've seen them on ebay, but I'm leery of getting one that might not
have a US warranty.

Jeff