[colug-432] Phone Line Connections

Tom Cranston thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 17:30:05 EST 2012

Hi

A little off subject, but not entirely.

I am connecting 5 phone recepticles in different parts of
the house to my phone line. The line coming from the box on
the outside of the house has four wires, red, green, black,
yellow. The l9ines coming from the different recepticles
have the same. Bare ends under the house. I cut open a
phone cord used from the recepticle to the phone it has
only 2 wires, Re and green. What are black and yellow for?

I am using a Barrier strip to connect all the lines to the
wire coming from the phone companies box. Seems like all I
need is to connect the red to red and green to green and
leave the others unconnected.

Tom