[colug-432] Tandy 1000

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Tue Feb 14 14:20:06 EST 2012

On 02/14/2012 02:03 PM, Thomas Cranston wrote:
> Any body interested in a Tandy 1000?
>
> Ran last time I used it.
>
> Comes w/Tandy:
> Keyboard
> Color Monitor
> Periperals
> Large Box O Software
>
> The original owner was a NASA scientist
>
> His Daughter inherited it, and then gave it to me. Pretty much in
> original condition.
>
> I do not want to see it get trashed.
>
> Won't bring to Columbus for many moons. Will bring to interested party
> next time I come.
>
> Tom

Wow ... now ... the Tandy 2000 (TWO thousand) had the distinction of an
80186 processor, the only 80186 PC that I ever encountered.  Not sure if
the T1K had the 186 or not.  Check.  These were fun machines, not to be
confused with TRS-80; they're real PCs (ie: INTeL/IBM class stuff).

The Tandy 1000 looks (to me) rather like a PC jr.  I don't mean that in
a negative way.  More like "what the IBM PC jr wanted to be when it grew
up" kind of way.

If that's an SX/TX, then it probably has a 286 instead of just an 8086.

-- R; <><