[colug-432] February COLUG Meeting Announcement

Bill Baker bill_chris at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 22 19:13:35 EST 2012

Your experience with Gentoo reminds me of this quote from bash.org:

<@insomnia> it only takes three commands to install Gentoo
<@insomnia> cfdisk /dev/hda && mkfs.xfs /dev/hda1 && mount /dev/hda1
/mnt/gentoo/ && chroot /mnt/gentoo/ && env-update && . /etc/profile &&
emerge sync && cd /usr/portage && scripts/bootsrap.sh && emerge system
&& emerge vim && vi /etc/fstab && emerge gentoo-dev-sources && cd
/usr/src/linux && make menuconfig && make install modules_install &&
emerge gnome mozilla-firefox openoffice && emerge grub && cp
/boot/grub/grub.conf.sample /boot/grub/grub.conf && vi
/boot/grub/grub.conf && grub && init 6
<@insomnia> that's the first one