[colug-432] Polarity

Thomas Cranston thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:50:49 EST 2012

On 2/23/12, Joe Knapp <jmknapp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Thomas Cranston
> <thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I need to know the polarity of my DLink DI-704. Is the center post of
>> the power input + or -?
>
> Per the photo in this ebay listing:
>
> D-Link DI704 ac adaptor Proton SPR-218L-05
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/D-Link-DI704-ac-adaptor-Proton-SPR-218L-05-/170432728912
>
> ...looks like the center is positive.
>
> Joe

I think the center on is + as well, even thought the power supply is
not a DLink for the DI-704. Note the brand name, and the amperage is
higher than what DLink publishes for the DI-704. 1, and 2.

I have wondered if too much amperage is bad. For example, I have 200
amp service to my house, but it does not burn out my 35 watt light
bulb. Of course doubling the voltage to the 35 watt bulb would result
in disaster.

I traced the circuit on my old DI-704 from the center of the power
socket to the + just beyond the power switch,

Tom