[colug-432] February Meeting Followup

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Sat Feb 25 22:44:12 EST 2012

Thanks again to those who were able to attend.  I appreciate your time
as I was allowed to ramble on about things I consider "fun".  Thanks
also to Scott and Jeff for arranging things.  And thanks to Russ for
the show-and-tell hardware.

The feedback I have received has been very constructive.  I do expect
to publish the PPT (OO, actually) *after* I get the reproducibility
aspect finished out.  (Probably another month as things have been
going.)

Here are the YouTube videos that were mentioned:

        Mythbusters Banned from investigating RFID
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X034R3yzDhw

        UEFI and Linux: the future is here, and it's awful - Matthew Garrett
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2aq5M3Q76U

        Chaos 28c3: The coming war on general computation - Cory Doctorow
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUEvRyemKSg

"Revolution OS" is on Netflix (streaming, presumably DVD also).

Ken Thompson's "Reflections on Trusting Trust" is here:

        http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/ken/trust.html
         -and-
        http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=358210